About the terms
Access to and use of this website both within the UK and internationally is provided by the Hi8us South on the following terms:
1. By using this website you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of this website. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to this website.
2. Hi8us South may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of this website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on this website (including house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
Use of this website
3. You agree to use this website only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of this website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within this website.
4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on this website and all content located on the site shall remain vested in Hi8us South or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use this website’s content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any this website’s content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of this website’s content requires the prior written permission of Hi8us South.
5. The names, images and logos identifying Hi8us South or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Hi8us South and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of Hi8us South or any other third party.
The Hi8us South blog
7. You agree to use this website in accordance with the following rules. These apply across all the website and its services.
(i) About your comments:
Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant discussion.
No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don’t re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
No advertising or promoting.
No spoilers: material which contains plot developments which haven’t been transmitted on UK television will be deleted unless submitted in a designated ‘spoilers’ area or marked as a ‘spoiler’.
Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant local house rules.
No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if allowed under any relevant local house rules.
Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
(ii) Your Hi8us South web account:
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a discussion or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
Hi8us South reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or if an non UK user pretends to be a UK user, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in the blog.
(iv) Legal requirements:
You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in this website. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
Contributing material to a blog post or discussion with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
You agree to submit to or share with this website only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of Hi8us South or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
(v) If you’re under 16:
Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before commenting or taking part in any discussion.
Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
(vi) If you breach these rules:
If you fail to abide by these rules when commenting on a blog post or taking part in a discussion, you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of this website’s discussion areas.
If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to this website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on this website, and Hi8us South considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, Hi8us South may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s).
Hi8us South reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
8. The views expressed by members of the public commenting on or posting to the Hi8us South blog are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Hi8us South. Hi8us South is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on this website or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through this website. Any links to third party websites from this website do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Hi8us South and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
9. this website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Hi8us South its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the extent permitted by law, Hi8us South excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Hi8us South does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by Hi8us South is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Hi8us South for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
10. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes Hi8us South’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, Hi8us South shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of this website regardless of the form of action.
11. Hi8us South do not warrant that functions available on this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
12. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
13. The failure or delay of Hi8us South to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive Hi8us South’s right to enforce that right.
14. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.